Saturday, March 15, 2014
Sugar cookie recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix well combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Roll three balls and add the food colors. Make your bacon designed patty and then Chill 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into bacon strips and transfer to a baking sheet when warm enough to mold over the dowels. Be sure to pinch together the dough if it looks to be breaking over the dowels. Bake at 350 degrees for nearly 25-30 minutes watching carefully.
- Paint with a mixture of meringue powder and a smidge of water onto the edges and sprinkle with black sugar. Viola, perfectly fun bacon cookies that will impress and cause a giggle for the receiver for sure!