Saturday, March 10, 2007



Convention was GLORIOUS today, because.......are you ready for this story?? Debbie and I got there early, because the first 100 people got a KEY! There was a treasure chest that held $100 worth of rubber bucks for the show! At 11 ,everyone lined up to see if their ONE key would open the chest!! Debbie was in front of me, I watched intently as others had already tried with no luck and when she put in her key in, the lock popped right open!!!! I screamed, yeah, you read that right, I SCREAMED!!!!!! Debbie just stood there soooo quiet...in shock really! HOW exciting!! Wheeee!!!!!!!!!!! I was thrilled for her! All she kept saying was......"Oh my Gosh" and I kept thinking, she had some serious shopping to do!!! Double wheeeee!!! How fun! That is NOT the end though! Debbie made a pin to enter at the show and an atc(Debbie's art pictured above) also, as I did.......her pin was chosen for second place.......ANOTHER $20 rubber bucks (It should have been first place!) It is pictured above......she made me one! :0) Lucky me! AND her atc won 3rd place.....ANOTHER $15 rubber bucks!!!!! WOWZER!!!!!! $135 for Debbie today!!!!! Is that not incredible and she is the most lovely woman.....and deserving of it too! I won 4th place for my atc and got $10 rubber bucks! Hey, I will take it, but I had a BALL helping Debbie pick out fun things with her money! AND she bought me a stamp because she called me her lucky charm........I DON'T THINK SO, but she is just that kind! This was a fun and exciting day!! :0)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWEEE !! WHAT A story!! AND WHAT GREAT GOOD FORTUNE!! CONGRATS ON YOUR PLACEMENT TOO!!! HORRAY!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats to both of you. What fun! If I were you, I'd enter Debbie in every contest you can think of. You two could make a fortune together! xoxo

longnecklady said...

That's so fun. Great job guys!

Sue:)

Babsarella said...

What a GREAT DAY!!! I wish they had events like that in my area!

Dot said...

Am catching up on all of your wonderful posts :) What a great day you had with your friend Debbie.

It must have been lovely to be there with her when she won the treasure chest prize!

Well done on winning a prize for your ATC too. Love Debbie's art , and your art too!

Kerri Jean said...

What a great story Patti. And I'm sure you are a lucky charm, as you exude such positive energy, all the way to New York State!!!!