Tuesday, March 20, 2007



These are 1 inch fabric sqaures for a swap. 9/9 trade, one for myself! :) Everyone trades these one inch squares and soon you compile a bunch and can mount them onto a canvas or do whatever you wish with them! It is a neat idea and when I have enough, I will show them! This was a color theme of turquoise and I had fun stitching fibers, angelina fibers and netting onto beautiful batik fabric and then adding the beads and leaf embellishment! The unperfect edges do look interesting when the squares are mounted together! That adds some interest. This is a small small space to work with, but still great fun!

8 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Patti; well I know you can do anything - there isn't a medium you cannot challenge. These are wonderful! How textural and beautiful! WOWZER!!

vicci said...

Patti...I like these! and I like the idea! How can I join this swap? or is it too late!

Anonymous said...

oh wow...i have seen the inchies but not done in fabric....awesome.

Holly Loves Art said...

These are fantastic! I love the tones... sooo pretty.

Rika said...

These are wonderful, love the colors you used!

moi said...

You have been busy Patti; boy oh boy, I love all those paperbag studio pieces and your little turquoise inches and the egg quilts. I haven't blogged much this week and it is nice to get time to catch up. Means I can drink in all that eye candy at once. Love them all. I see the little heart on the egg quilt. What a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

these are just gorgeous!!! i love the turquoise angelina's especially. use them in nuno felt though haha that's teeny weeny work. just saw some in white on fiona's blog. you must be in the same swap?

Kerri Jean said...

there is something about a tiny space that I love. these are brilliant. I love the concept of this swap and may have to do one with paper!!!