Sunday, December 01, 2013

 Today we set up our Christmas tree. I decided to do some burlap and home made ornaments along with some that were bought. The main thing I did this year was create some little banners for the tree.



 Here is what I did. I printed on cardstock the phrases I wanted. They were Christ is Born, Peace and Joy and Happy Holidays. then I cut them out and stamped them with brilliance pads. Adding a bit of gold and coffee brown accents. I curled the cardstock with scissors and then added some little sticks to help them stick in the way I wanted. Clothes pins would have been PERFECT, but I did not have any.





 I am very happy with how they turned out. The tree is full of the love of those that have made ornaments for me in years past. It is just wonderful and really is a special way to celebrate the Holidays!
I also made a bunch of small raffia bows that you see above and the topper is a big raffia bow as well that I made years ago. The whole tree makes me smile. I hope your tree does the same for you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOWZER! I adore your tree! Those banners are awesome, Patti, and I love the burlap! Just so artistic, meaningful, and beautiful! You and Amber must have had a ball together! xo

Debbie K. said...

Oh my gosh Patti, those banners are sooooooo awesome! I just love them. You are so creative. I just LOVE seeing what you come up with, it's always so inspiring:)